Not only are avocados an amazing nutritious power house, but they are the perfect colour to create healthy Halloween inspired recipes! Rather than doing sweet healthy treats, I have decided create a savoury Halloween recipe, that’s very simple and delicious!
6 Proven facts about Avocados:
- They Contain more potassium than Bananas
- They are Loaded with Fibre
- Eating avocados can help lower your cholesterol
- They are full of monounsaturated fatty acids- which can help the absorption of other nutrients
- They are high in antioxidants, which studies have shown to help reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration
- Avocados contain: Vitamin K, C, B5, B6 and E, Potassium and Folate.
- 1 wholemeal Pitta Bread
- 1 Avocado
- 5-8 slices of cumber
- 40g Cheddar Cheese cut into circles
- 12 Black Olives OR Raisins
- Cut the avocado in half and take out the stone. Then spread the avocado over the pitta bread evenly
- Place the cumber over the pitta bread, make sure they are spread out and not placed together.
- With the Cheddar circles, place these on top of each cumber and with the remaining spread across the pitta bread
- Then place the olives or raisins on top of the Cheddar cheese to make the eyes.