Each year I attend an annual 3-day Nutrition Conference in London called Food Matters Live, where I get a chance to attend seminars and conferences about the recent scientific development in the field of nutrition and health. these are ran by professionals who are experts in their field.
There’s also a chance for me to test some new food products that are hoping to hit our supermarket shelves. this is extremely important because I get to speak to the marketing team themselves to help understand what they look for in a client base. This year I got a clear message. Packaging to look modern, feature at least 10% less fat, sugar and salt, and to be vegan and/or gluten free. HOWEVER THIS DIDN’T MEAN THE PRODUCTS WERE HEALTHY! Knowing a little more about marketing companies thought process, allows me to help advice my clients about food packaging and what they should really be looking for in food produce.
Here are some of the talks I attended this year:
- Nutrition for maternal and infant health
- Maternal diets and Gestational Diabetes
- Musculoskeletal Health- over 50s
- Diet, nutrition and muscular health for all
- Meeting the nutritional needs of the active consumer
- How marketing and food product design is shaping the way consumers shop
- Nourishing the nation- will Britain’s new diet tackle obesity. Nutrition for Maternal